Share This Article
Saunas have proved to be very beneficial when it comes to your body, your mind, and your health in general. What are the benefits?
- Saunas can protect your brain: Soaking in steamy temperatures can help you preserve your memory. Studies show that using a sauna provides a lower risk of developing Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- They contribute to a faster recovery and muscle relaxation: Studies show that recovery after strength and endurance training sessions was improved with 30 minutes in a far-infrared sauna. Under the high heat provided by sauna, the body releases endorphins, which have a mild and enjoyable effect and the ability to minimize the pain of arthritis and muscle soreness from an intense physical workout. Body temperature also rises from the heat of the sauna, which causes blood vessels to dilate and therefore increasing blood circulation. This increased blood flow in turn speeds up the body’s natural healing process via soothing aches and pains.
- Relief from headache: It is believed that saunas may help headache sufferers. An experiment showed that the use of saunas was to help relieve pain and treat the symptoms of chronic tension-type headache, frequent headaches that occur more than 15 days per month. After eight weeks of sauna exposure, participants reported a significant improvement in headache intensity.
- Saunas are good for the heart: Regular roasting in a sauna can help keep your heart healthy and extend your life, according to research.
- Stress relief: When you step into a sauna you are entering a warm and quite space, a space free of distractions from the outside world. The incredible calming effects of a sauna creates the perfect environment to clear your mind and relax. The heat also improves circulation and stimulates the release of endorphins. Endorphins are the body’s all-natural “feel good” chemical.
- Saunas cleanse the skin: When the body begins to produce sweat, the skin is then cleansed and dead skin cells are replaced, keeping your skin in good condition.